Participants needed for a study investigating novel biomarkers for assessing alertness
Seeking healthy male and female participants fluent in English and aged 20-65, for a study investigating novel systems and biomarkers for assessing alertness
Eligible participants will have:
- No current medical, psychiatric or sleep conditions,
- Will be non-smokers,
- Will not be using any type of hormonal contraception (females only), and
- Will not have been engaged in shift work for the past 3 years
The study involves:
- Screening for medical, psychiatric and sleep disorders
- Three weeks of sleep and activity monitoring at home
- A six day overnight stay at the Monash University B.A.S.E sleep laboratory. This will include neurobehavioral testing, biological sample collection and a period of up to 48 hours of wakefulness.
- A follow-up week of sleep and activity monitoring at home.
Participants will be reimbursed up to $2,300 for their time and travel