School: Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Location: Alfred Hospital Campus, Prahran
The scholarship is being offered as part of the research activities of the Aspirin in Venous Leg Ulcer Study (ASPiVLU) within the ASPREE Co-ordinating Centre, tenable from February 2016.
The PhD project will examine healing and ulcer recurrence outcomes to investigate the mechanism of aspirin’s effect and to explore its impact on other important health outcomes in people with chronic wounds. The program of study will be determined in consultation with the successful applicant.
- First class honours or Masters degree in public health or a health-related field, preferably with a research component
- Evidence of research experience
- Evidence of clinical experience in wound management
- Well-developed statistical skills
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- A candidate whose first language is not English should have a minimum IELTS score of 7 with no band less than 6.5
AUD $28,000 per annum for living expenses, tax exempt for three years and exempt from tuition fees. An additional $1,200 (total) is available from the School for conference attendance. The successful applicant will be encouraged to apply for an APA, NHMRC, Monash, or other scholarship.
Dr Carolina Weller (email@example.com) 03 9903 0623.
Submit EOI electronically, including a statement of research interests (maximum one page) and CV.
Friday 14 August 2015 by 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time