Time: 6:00pm -7:30pm (with light refreshments from 5:30pm)
Venue: Melbourne Brain Centre auditorium, Kenneth Myer Building, 30 Royal Parade, VIC 3010
This is a free event but please register for a ticket as seats are limited, register now.
- See a demonstration of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and hear about the physical experience
- Learn how scientists are using TMS and transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) to study the brain
- Hear from DIYers, amateur scientists experimenting with tDCS in the comfort of their own homes — is it safe? is it science?
- Discuss the ethics of electrodoping
- Learn about neuroplasticity and how brain stimulation works …or doesn’t
- Discover how brain stimulation is currently being used to treat disorders like depression