Plan to Study in 2015?
Applications for Master of Addictive Behaviours close on Fri 6th Feb 2015
An online post-graduate degree in the science, policy, prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug misuse, gambling and other process addictions
18 months full time or three years part-time
Monash University’s Master of Addictive Behaviours, offered through Turning Point, provides a thorough exploration of the addiction area and the latest thinking from leading national and international researchers in the areas of neuroscience, prevention, policy, population health and treatment.
Delivered entirely online with a strong interactive and dynamic focus, the course is suited to graduates and professionals from a range of disciplines and perspectives including health, research, policy, human resources, justice or education. There is no requirement to attend classes or examinations at the university so the course is ideally suited to those who wish to study whilst continuing their regular work commitments.
Subjects include four core units:
· Addiction science: A biopsychosocial overview
· Sociocultural perspectives of addiction
· Addiction policies, prevention and public health
· Addiction assessment and treatment: Practice and innovation
Plus two units from either the research OR clinical streams outlined below:
· Research in advanced health professional practice
· Advanced health practice research project
· Recovery principles
· Co-occurring disorders in mental health and addiction
· Developmental factors - children and families, youth and early interventions
· Gambling and other process addictions
The Master in Addictive Behaviours will provide students with an exciting and innovative forum for academic development and professional growth as well as a satisfying educational experience.
Turning Point webpage
Turning Point, Workforce Development, Telephone: +61 3 8413 8700 or email: email@example.com
Subscribe for email updates if you would like to receive information about the Masters or other Turning Point workforce development programs.