Through the challenge, we’re hoping to improve the drinking culture in Victoria by funding bold new ideas that aim to either:
· Reduce the amount of alcohol Victorians drink, particularly those that drink heavily,
· Or increase the social acceptability of moderate drinking
There’s up to $300K in funding to share among a handful of successful projects. Next Monday (20 Oct), we’re running an all day workshop – the VicHealth Innovation Challenge: Alcohol Discovery and Insights Forum. This event will cover the key issues concerning alcohol use in Victoria and explore innovative approaches and solutions, you can register for the event here.
We’re expecting over 100 participants from diverse disciplines, including service design professionals, technologists, local council representatives, community service providers, changemakers, mental health professionals, and representatives from universities and youth organisations. At the Forum, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Explore and build a shared understanding on key issues concerning alcohol in Victoria and their related impacts
- Share, discover and document knowledge, experience and insights
- Map existing initiatives
- Learn about innovative approaches and solutions to addressing complex issues and enabling behaviour change
- Connect with potential team members and partners in developing ideas for the Innovation Challenge
In early November, we will also be running a workshop for anyone who wants to submit a proposal to the Challenge. This will focus on defining your target audience, developing an idea and testing it among peers. More details to follow once the Challenge goes live on October 13th.
After the Challenge closes on November 21, the applicants with the most promising ideas will be provided with support to develop a business case for their projects in preparation for a final pitch to decide the finalists. The winners will be announced in January 2015.’